A look from the front page:
Here are a few screens that you may see when you turn the computer on and it's just not starting.
Tips to Fix:
First you want to run a diagnostic on your hard drive by booting off of a check disk program. We recommend: http://www.ultimatebootcd.com
How to Boot the computer from a disk:
- Turn off the computer
- Turn on the computer
- As soon as you turn on the computer press F11 or F12 (It's different for many Computers)
- Once you press F11 you are going to see a list of Bootable devices (F11 is usually the one you want to choose being it's the most common)
- You want to choose the CD-Rom
- Once you do this Ultimate Boot CD (or if you have an alternate diagnostic tool) will boot up
- The CD you use most likely will have a graphical user interface or a GUI - This will allow you to run a hard drive check and make sure your hard drive is good.
What if my hard drive is showing as corrupted?
- You are going to have to buy a new hard drive. In another section of this web-site I will teach you how to recover the hard drive's data, but for now lets continue...
What if my hard drive is showing up as fine?
- If you have the correct operating system then you are in luck - You can either repair the original hard drive by installing the HAL File off of the disk or you can reinstall your whole operating system. We recommend installing the Hard Drive off of the original disk if the data on your computer isn't valuable.
- If you don't have the operating system disk then you may have to create one using a different computer. If you don't have another computer you can call the hardware company and request an OS (Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, or 7) or you can buy one.
- Now, if you have another computer and you want to create an OS (Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, or 7) simply download what we nerds call an ISO. An ISO is a bootable disk.
How do I create an ISO?
- First, you want to download a torrent client such as Utorrent.
- Second, You want to find a healthy torrent from a torrent web-site. For instance: If you have windows 7 32bit and you need to find an ISO, type in Google "Windows 7 32bit ISO"
- How you can tell when a torrent is healthy is pretty simple. The more seeders the better. So if you download a Torrent that has more seeders it's more likely to be genuine.
- So now you have your Utorrent and you found an ISO that will suit your needs. The next thing we recommend is downloading FreeISO Burner. FreeISO Burner is a program that is made to burn DVD's.
- Once you've downloaded Utorrent and you found the right torrent of Windows you click on Magnet link. The ISO will start downloading immediately. Once the ISO is downloaded you will have to open FreeISO burner. Put a DVD R in your CD-Rom and click on the ISO through FreeISO and that's it. The ISO will burn and you will have a perfectly good operating system.
- If you go the route with creating an ISO. Make sure that it is the same exact Windows that you had on the computer that has a corrupted file. When Windows asks you for your activation code simply put the one you have from underneath the computer.
Is there something else I can do?
- For most windows 7 users you can choose other options and see if your computer automatically created a system restore point and pretty much rollback from there. How to do this is, if the attempting to repair windows didn't work. In most cases you will see a link on the bottom stating "Try other options".
- In the other "options" menu you will see "CMD" or "System Restore"
- First, try clicking on the "CMD" Caption and type in Chkdsk /R this will repair possibly repair the drive.